We are searching data for your request:
The question "How to get rid of insomnia?" at the present time, a huge number of people are concerned. What are they?
A person who does not suffer from insomnia usually falls asleep seven to fifteen minutes after going to bed. Most likely, and from time to time you are faced with the fact that you cannot sleep in any way. At the same time, you, of course, try all the methods you know: count sheep, turn over on the other side, but to no avail.
Indeed, situations when it is not easy to fall asleep are far from uncommon in the modern world. And especially if you lie down and worry that you cannot go to the kingdom of Morpheus. But tomorrow is such an important day full of significant events! Familiar situation? I think yes. And this is exactly the first reason for your insomnia.
You program it with your worries about the fact that you are losing precious sleep time, that tomorrow is an important day, that you will not get enough sleep, etc. The consequence of such thoughts is increased brain activity. This is not surprising, because your brain is working hard on the questions that bother you. The consequence of increased brain activity is your insomnia. Don't get hung up on your insomnia, give yourself a mindset not to think about it.
Say to yourself "The morning of the evening is wiser" and get rid of all the thoughts that disturb you from your head. This is all that is needed in order to fall asleep. Directly opposite thoughts can help in this. Did you fall asleep before with any other thoughts? It could be your memories of a summer vacation or an anticipation of something good in the future. You won't even notice when your brain switches to a quieter mode. You will not even notice when you fall asleep, since the tormenting insomnia will leave you unnoticed.
The cause of insomnia can also lie, for example, in a cup of coffee or tea before going to bed. Toning drinks increase brain activity, which, as mentioned above, leads to insomnia. An ideal substitute for tea after dinner can be, for example, a glass of mineral water or natural juice.
The third cause of insomnia can be the stomach, more precisely, what matters is what you ate before bed. It is not recommended to eat enough before going to bed, at the same time, you should not go to bed with an empty stomach. You will not be able to fall asleep right away if you have eaten something greasy, because the stomach will take time to digest the fatty food that has entered it, which is not so fast. Lovers of diets can be advised to stop mocking their body and eat, for example, an apple before going to bed: this will not appear on your waist. The best option is if you have dinner two to four hours before bed.
Another reason for insomnia lies in the perception of the environment in the bedroom. If you don't like her, you feel uncomfortable, then falling asleep will not always be an easy task. The factors that prevent falling asleep can be extraneous sounds, light, temperature in the bedroom, or maybe an old mattress that has already served its purpose. In general, the bed should be comfortable. If you don't like your pillow, then you need to change it. What other advice can you give to those who are struggling with their insomnia?
1. Sleeping pills are a universal remedy. But it has a number of negative effects. Among them: severe awakening and addiction to the drug. There are a lot of side effects, so you should not abuse sleeping pills. Valerian infusion can be used as an alternative to sleeping pills. The infusion is prepared as follows: one teaspoon of valerian roots is taken in a glass of boiling water. leave for twenty minutes, and then strain.
2. Traditional medicine. There are a lot of alternative medicine recipes that promise getting rid of insomnia. We will not dwell on them in detail, since many are based on a considerable number of components, and they are not always at hand.
3. Monotonous sedentary activity - an option suitable for the case when you just can't sleep. What kind of occupation? Knitting or reading some light book. Typing on a computer is not suitable; on the contrary, it will prevent you from falling asleep.
4. Drink a glass of warm, unboiled milk with honey before going to bed. Honey itself is a wonderful sleeping aid. An alternative to milk can be either plain warm water or green tea. A glass of red wine can help to relax, but this method is suitable for rare uses.
5. Watching TV before going to bed is generally undesirable, and programs saturated with negative information have a particularly negative effect on sleep. The latter very strongly excite the human nervous system. Listening to soft music is the preferred option.
6. Don't smoke, because smoking stimulates the production of adrenaline, which will undoubtedly prevent you from falling asleep.
7. Take a warm (but not hot) bath a few hours before going to bed. This simple procedure will also help to avoid insomnia, as the tension accumulated during the day is relieved.
8. A light relaxing massage will relieve unpleasant aching pains in the neck, lower back or legs that interfere with sleep.
9. Muscle relaxation, deep breathing and other calming exercises can also help fight insomnia.
10. When you feel sleepy, go to bed, do not overload the body with work at night.
In general, sleep problems are often the result of stress during the day; very often office workers have the problem of insomnia. When it comes time to go to bed, the person is unable to relax.
Why insomnia often makes life difficult for office workers. First, they move little during the working day. Secondly, they are constantly engaged in mental activity. What can I recommend to them?
To the extent possible, increase motor activity. For example, during the lunch break, do not stay in the workplace, but go to a nearby shop or cafe. A walk after the end of the working day will not hurt either. The ideal option would be to swim in the pool.
Thus, insomnia can be caused by a variety of reasons, and sleeping pills are not a universal remedy for sleep problems. Moreover, such a tool does not exist at all. Sometimes, in order to regain a healthy sleep, a person must even seek help from a psychologist (in the event that he has experienced strong feelings or stress). A qualified doctor will help if any health problems are the cause of insomnia.
Summing up, we can say that the key to good sleep is a healthy lifestyle. The latter includes many components: physical activity, proper nutrition, etc. You can get rid of any problems, including sleep, by learning to understand yourself and feel your body.