We are searching data for your request:
A leader is a person who creates an emotional atmosphere in the team, holds the mood of the team in his hands, a person who always has his own opinion and knows what he wants in life. This is a rather difficult, but passable path.
Leadership qualities (and there are many of them) in oneself can be cultivated in the process of purposeful robots over oneself beloved. Then the following tips and exercises will help you become a leader.
First of all, I would like to advise you to remain yourself (even in the process of changing yourself), do not put on a mask, do not try to resemble your chosen "idol" in everything. You must understand that you are a unique person, and it is this fact that can make you a leader, but copying someone is unlikely. Undoubtedly, at birth you are given energy and abilities - use them to the maximum extent.
Becoming a leader is painstaking work on yourself, no book like “how to become a leader in seven days” will help you, and well-known “psychologists” will not tell you anything new in the course (their goal is to get a reward from you). What do you need? First, evaluate yourself. Second, set clear goals. It is important to recognize your shortcomings, and then eliminate them. What to do for this?
1. Conduct a conversation with your inner critic, objectively object to him in response to comments relating to you and others.
2. Find out what your relatives and friends think about you. Let your chosen closest people honestly write to you your positive and negative qualities. Analyze what is written.
3. Be honest with yourself, point out your shortcomings. You can even write down the negative aspects of your character on a separate piece of paper, and then burn it. The paper will accept whatever you write to her, pour out your soul, tell her what worries you and what are the reasons that prevent you from achieving success.
4. Your successes deserve to be remembered. Celebrate them daily. All that you have achieved in a day should be entered by you, for example, in a notebook, so you can mark your victories and defeats and analyze them.
So, in order to educate a leader in himself, a person must work purposefully and develop leadership qualities in himself.
1. Intelligence. It is on him that you should pay attention first of all. Take the time to read books, watch how those who have achieved success do their job. Learn from others and your mistakes. Remember, negative experiences are experiences too. Give more time to communication, look for new friends. The more acquaintances you have, the easier you will be able to perceive their mood. Over time, you will learn to understand people's true thoughts. Your knowledge base should be updated regularly.
2. Communication skills. This quality is undoubtedly inherent in any leader. The leader's speech should not only be built consistently, but also be able to interest others. Socio-psychological approaches should be the subject of special study of the leader. In the process of communication, the leader must make sure that all members of the team feel his maximum involvement in the common cause, and for this the leader must know what interests govern the activities of each person in the team. A leader should not forget that he is a leader and should not show his importance in every possible way. The preferred option is for the leader to communicate on an equal footing with others.
3. Self-confidence. The leader cannot do without this quality for sure. Do not forget about your successes, let them give you strength to solve further problems. In no case do not stop at the problems and difficulties that have arisen, because their resolution will lead to an increase in your self-confidence. The degree of your confidence in yourself to a loved one can be betrayed by any conversation: what words you use, what is the timbre of your voice, what is the position of your body and even your gaze - all these are signs of whether you are confident or not. Are you striving to become a leader? Prove it with your communication style! When talking, look your interlocutor in the eyes (a running glance is not a sign of confidence, it indicates that you seem to be looking for support), keep your head straight, relax your shoulders a little (the interlocutor should not understand that you are internally tense). Words like “probably”, “sort of like”, “like”, etc. should not be present in your speech. Everything that you set out should be defined and should not be regarded as something that you yourself are not sure about. How can you convince listeners if you yourself are not sure of what you are saying? Replace “I think” with “I'm sure”. In no case do not make excuses and do not press on pity, this will be a direct sign of your weakness (and you are a fully developed personality!). Your voice should be even and clear. Work on your speech as meaningfully as possible - it is your main "weapon" in any team. Remember that what you want to convey to the audience should be stated by you clearly, concisely and clearly.
4. Endurance. The more resilient you are, the more confident you are. The more confident you are, the more resilient you are. Yes, these qualities are closely related to each other and form a vicious circle. One of the basic principles for you should be the "Keep your nose up" principle. Have you failed nine times to bring your idea to life? Try the tenth. Understand these nine times weren't all that futile. After all, you have found nine ways how not to achieve the embodiment of your idea in life! As mentioned above, negative wholesale is also an experience. A leader can be educated in yourself only by constantly overcoming obstacles that arise on your path, so do not follow the path of least resistance, be psychologically prepared for possible difficulties. The development of your capabilities can be facilitated by a high level of your claims to yourself. Do not postpone the matter indefinitely.
5. Balance. You must learn to remain sober and calm in all situations, nothing and no one should be able to piss you off. Make an attempt to eliminate all negative and unnecessary things from your life. Maybe you keep things that are of no value to you? Or maybe you communicate with people who, for some reason, are unpleasant to you? Try to protect yourself from this kind of communication. Avoid those people who constantly complain about their life, except for a negative charge, you can get little from them. Do not let anger and other emotions guide your actions, later you may regret that you “flared up”, be guided by your mind.
6. Hardness. In some situations, you need to be able to say a firm no. To be able to refuse is an important human ability. Understand that by denying something to a friend, you will not lose his friendship. And if you lose, what kind of friend is it? You must learn to prove your point and keep your composure. If you feel that you are under pressure for pity, do not succumb to it, be able to defend your rights. Develop a strong word in yourself. You need to be able to refuse not only others, but also yourself, you should not satisfy all your weaknesses, otherwise you will not be able to become a strong personality.
7. Ability to make decisions. Always be proactive, because a leader is a “generator of ideas”. Try to make the best decisions, and to do this, write down all the ways out of the situation that you think deserve attention, weigh the pros and cons, and then choose the best one. If you can't decide anything, then don't give in to feelings of annoyance. You should always assess the situation as adequately as possible.
8. Purposefulness. “You can't get a fish out of a pond without difficulty,” says popular wisdom. To come to the achievement of one or another goal set by you, you need to work hard, purposefully move towards it. There are usually no immediate results; moreover, they are not as morally satisfying as if you made an effort to achieve results. Remember all your positive qualities, start saying to yourself with confidence that you will achieve everything that you have in mind, and immediately begin to implement your plan. Set a goal for yourself as clearly as possible.
9. Responsibility. You need to be able to take responsibility for a group of people and, of course, for yourself. If you are wrong about something, do not be afraid to admit that fact. Set an example for others that you do not shift the most important things onto the shoulders of others, but you do it yourself. Take on a little more responsibility than you distribute to others - you are the leader, and he bears the burden of responsibility. You need to be able to both satisfy the interests of individual members of the team and fight for a common cause. No need to indulge or be a tyrant - look for a middle ground! As an exercise in developing a sense of responsibility, you can do the following. Take a piece of paper. Your task is to write at least ten sentences. All of them should begin with the words: “I am responsible for,” and then write whatever you think is necessary in this case. This exercise is not frivolous fun, it carries an important meaning. You will rethink what you have to do. This is a step to understand yourself better.
10. Organizational skills. The leader must be able to find a common language with all members of the team, as well as resolve the differences that have arisen in him. Moreover, being able to unite people (with a perspective, goal or idea) is the main task of a leader. Be attentive to each member of the team, take an interest in the positions, preferences, priorities, hobbies of each and, of course, do not let the opinions of others deafen. Don't worry if you can't get your team organized right away. This skill always comes with time, with experience, it is closely related to the respect and trust you have earned in the team.
As you cultivate leadership qualities, you will undoubtedly achieve your goal. Good luck to you!